Monday, November 8, 2010

A Yearning in my Heart

Hello

Havent written here in a while. All the times I've wanted to I've been prevented or felt that whatever God was teaching me at the time didn't need to be written but lived out.

But this really needs to be read by more than just me

There have been so many different twists and turns in direction and so new revelation. I've had ups and downs, things staying the same, things radically changing. God is so much more real and sovereign than I've ever perceived before though He is more real and sovereign than I can even imagine now.

As for whats next for me, I've always wanted to serve the poorest of the poor. Whether that be a prideful desire to make myself look holy or it be placed on my heart from God, its been there.

When I hear stories like the one I'm going to share here, something rings so true in my spirit it feels like I'm catching the very heartbeat of God... A friend of mine from college, Luke Davis right after graduating spring of 09' premed went to work with (what I believe to be) a non-profit organization in the Dominican Republic. While he was there an earthquake devestated the neighboring country Haiti so he moved nearer to the boarder to help these desparate people. He has since came back home and this summer went back over, all the while keeping a blog which he periodically updates. From time to time I go back and read his blog to see how he's doing, this entry really rang true to alot of what God cares most about.

You can read his story here.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment