That is a quote I heard today from some early Moravian missionaries.
*sigh* oh the weight and GLORY of God in Jesus Christ my Lord.
More and more and more it seems everyday I'm realizing just how much I need my eyes opened by Christ. How much more there is of Him and how much everything is for, about, pointing to Him. I was reminded today in a sermon I watched... of the absolute power and sigularity of just the straight-forward GOSPEL of Jesus Christ... we have NOTHING GOOD in us. Yes, we were created for good but WE messed up and even our good works are tainted with pride. D a r k n e s s ... but O a marvelous Light! The WORD of GOD, His FIRST and ONLY Begotton!! CARRIED ALL OUR: disobedience, lust, fornication, pride, judgementalism, gossiping tongue, murdering hands, apathetic heart = S I N, carried it on His human... human body as our just desserts, the horrible wrath of PERFECT ETERNAL YHWH was poured out on Him. He. DIED.
but now He's alive!!!
So that me: prideful, gossiper, blasphemer, judgmental, hateful apathetic me... can be lavished..... do you know what that word means?
1. expended, bestowed, or occurring in profusion: lavish spending.
2. using or giving in great amounts; prodigal (often fol. by of ): lavish of his time; lavish of affection.
–verb (used with object)
3. to expend or give in great amounts or without limit: to lavish gifts on a person.
This love and grace and M E R C Y and power.... unspeakable. Can be LAVISHED on ME!!!??
O N L Y.... only only only... if:
1. I REPENT of my sin.... not only confess (which needs to happen to repent anyway) but repent of them... repent or metanoeō in the Greek means to change ones mind. Telling God you DONT WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE and seek to NOT do it anymore
2. BELIEVE!!! Yes!! Its that good of news!!! the power of JESUS is THAT poweful! He can make you COMPLETELY PERFECT before God! He can! He can! and He did!!! 2,000 years ago!
I read a very familiar story the other day.. but what really stood out to me in this reading was just how much of a gospel story it was... and... man..... just suprised and crushed and so so deeply moved.... by the GRACE
John 8:1-11 (English Standard Version)
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" 6 This they said to test him,that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."