Thursday, April 7, 2011

G R A C E

I can at times be harsh

And condemning


Yes, we need to keep each other accountable as brothers and sisters in Christ. "...let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins." James 5:20

However, "But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: 'God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.' Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:6-7

And especially, "Mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13
(*you can guess what book I read this morning*)

A very small glimpse of the HUGE MASSIVE grace of God was shown to me this morning. Yesterday when I woke up, when I would lay flat on my back my eyes acted like I had just gotten off of a roller coaster or a merry-go-round. Then I would turn to my side and be fine. I was doing exercises I normally don't do the night before, and I broke my tailbone a couple months ago so I thought I should probably call a chiropractor. The one in town is a man who goes to my church whose wife I sing with on worship team occasionally. So I called and made an appointment for this morning. Well, later in the day yesterday I noticed that the nausea was gone (PRAISE GOD!) so I called him back to cancel my appointment but I just got the answering machine so I left a message. I felt like this morning I should probably call again just in case he didn't get the message. I was feeling kind of guilty because I made a kinda early appointment so I was hoping that he didn't got into work early just for me. When I called he said he hadn't checked the messages yet, so I told him I had to cancel and I was very sorry. Instead of the sound of annoyance coming from his reply, there was total grace.  "That's totally fine!" he said in a cheery sort of way.

However little and insignificant that story might seem, I think God wants us to look for signs of His grace everywhere and too not only recognize His grace, but to receive it HUMBLY. So in the future when I want to act all high-and-mighty with someone, I will remember that there is only ONE Perfect One and He has given me MUCH grace so I must give MUCH grace.

We serve such a good God who is so patient with us!




Also just letting you know from the last entry, the big decision has been decided:

I'm going to Mission Year next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment