Sunday, April 10, 2011

Abba, I Belong to You



This name... of God, has been the cry of my heart recently. Its the name I've been using for Him more and more and more.

God... His Breath.... is blowing down expectations, walls and boxes I've been trying to fit Him in. I feel that I'm slowing coming out of a desert into a greener place. I'm beginning to realise as well, that life is full of both high and low places. And when things seem to be going right and God seems close, or when nothing goes right, you keep messing up and God seems far.... He hasn't left. A phrase my new pastor repeats quite often that I want to become the saying for my life: S t a y   y o u r   c o u r s e.

When your coming to these places of clarity, of earnest desire for God, you wonder why you would ever want anything else.

Something that has stuck with me, that I believe God allowed me to see to lead me to call Him this name... Abba... on the plane to Jerusalem, there was this sweet little Jewish family sitting in front of us: a dad, mom, a little girl around 3 years old and a baby. The little girl was asleep for a good part of the trip, but when she woke up she got fussy. She started to cry, "Abba! Abba!" Calling out as many young children do when they feel something is wrong with them and they want their dad to fix it. While remembering how this little "child of God" crying out for her Abba... something clicked in my spirit.

A few weeks ago when I was completely broken down and confused... I was that little girl. And I did exactly as she did, I cried for my Abba. And He answered me.

And He will answer your call to Him

And I'm sure I will cry out again, but as I'm learning, I can always trust Him


because He is Abba




**I had to put this in, it is SO SO SO very true. This is a comment from this video on YouTube:

Love this song, it's the new vine. Its fresh and written for this generation calling out for fatherhood



Abba, I Belong to You by Jonathan David Helser


You're more real than the wind in my lungs
You're more real than the ground I'm standing on

You're thoughts define me, you're inside me
You're my reality

Abba, I belong to you

You're closer than the skin on my bones

You're closer than the song on my tongue

No comments:

Post a Comment