Sunday, January 23, 2011

GOOD MUSIC

... seems to keep coming at me!

Most of these are songs I havent bought yet but have previewed and LOVED.

Sometimes I wish music didn't cost money... :(

1. Soweto Gospel Choir

"Khumbaya"
There's a power and emotion to African Gospel singers in general that just... astounds me. Something so incredibly guteral and real and pure about this music... this song was way encouraging. Though the lyrics are so simple the music... God imparts power through it!! You can totally feel it!!











2. Matisyahu
"Indestructable"
I've known about Matisyahu for quite a long time but just recently began looking at his music again after my trip to Israel :D. Bought his song "Jerusalem" and LOVED it. Just listened to "Indestructable" and also.. LOVED it. Fun, catchy and also another really emotion-filled type of music (reggae). I think I love this song especially for the chorus and 3rd verse:
"Just untooling the hands of the builder. Fill them with the strength to go further. Digging deep for eternal treasure. Stay away from quick sand and false pleasure. Them mouths speak with arrogance. Appearance like a lion lurking in the mist. They surround and they gaze their fix. Grab the rope of Gods heritage"
3. Priscilla Ahn

"Dream"
Elegant. Beautiful. Simple. Sometimes the depth of the music, and the depth of the true Giver of this beautiful music can make a deep pool out of these simple carefree lyrics. Truely touching.














4. Jonny Lang

Wow!! Did this amazing artist seem to pop out of nowhere to me! INCREDIBLE vocalist!!! You would never imagine looking at his face that THAT kind of voice would come out of him! I really hope to someday buy the whole album (which is a mixture of Blues and Gospel music [!!!!!!!!]) but the song I do have made me CRY the first time I heard it, "Only a Man". He hits conversion and the desparity of the Christians utter dependance about God right on the head! B E A U T I F U L!!








Theres much more... but I cant pick so... Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment