Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"Pressed but not crushed...

... persecuted but not abandoned"
- 2 Corinthians 4:8

Delay. Waiting. Living. Delay. Success. Mess up. Energized. Exhausted. Delay. Frustrated. Alone. Comforted. Comforted.

Pressed... but not crushed. 

**[I'm not EVEN going to use the second part when referring to myself because what I'm experiencing is in NO WAY persecution.]

So there has been a theme in my life as of late concerning me moving to PNG and that is - delays and setbacks.

I really don't want to go into them, but I do want to make the point that, though this has been one of the GREATEST testings of my patience and ultimately my trust in God, I have gleaned some wise tools from God through some beautiful people. And also, when I do find myself unwillingly settling into trust even when I wish to fight to find an answer, Yah almost ALWAYS has sent some beautiful encouragement from His followers. [Example: Got another setback the other day and received a FB message from my Grandpas brothers daughter in law telling me that she has and will be powerfully praying for me!!! Wow, God is good!!]

Here are some battle verses that I intend to use when I become stressed, confused, weak:

Psalm 25:15-17
My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for he will pluck my feet out of the net. Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses.

Psalm 94:19
When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

1 Corinthians 2:16
"For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:5b
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:7
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Psalm 6:2
Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

Psalm 107:20
He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.

Psalm 103:3
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,


Compiled by Rabbi Greg Hershberg


Don't give up the fight

No comments:

Post a Comment