Monday, December 8, 2014

A Tide Turning

I've realized as of late just how... stuffed I've felt.

Stuffed with selfishness, covetousness. Headstrong bent on making my way by myself. Content with pity parties and negativity. And generally just clogged by all of the noise.

Then... through several Divine ways YHWH broke through my hardening heart and mind.

Yes, there are things that are a struggle here and I want out at this moment... but. This - where I am at this point in my life, my location spiritually physically and all other ways - is not forever. Time goes so fast, the next few months will be gone before I know it. I need to seek to live life EVERYDAY for YHWH... no matter were I'm at. But also.... I must prepare. It really just clicked to me how extremely different Papua New Guinea will be from where I am here and how much I need to prepare not only physically (getting things ready, buying what I need, garnering support) but socially, mentally, spiritually. I need to develop a deep heart for these people who I will be in contact with as a stranger and alien in their country. I need to be aware that I will be a visitor in a strange land.

This has set the adventurer in me on fire!



Also, the pity party part about being lonely and feeling secluded (which I'm seeing still more of and more in the future)... Yah wants needs to be my everything. When I am absolutely alone and no one else is around, He is there. When I feel so broken, confused He is there. When I am in AWE of the beauty and mystery around me He is there. He is the only One who without a DOUBT will ALWAYS be there.

Please, do yourself a big favor and watch this

No comments:

Post a Comment