Friday, September 12, 2014

O Death

...Father... Give me strength to be what I need to be... help me point to You, and be Your physical comfort to those who need it... I don't ask for answers... I ask for Your Spirit... I have felt so much need lately... with this I am reminded that YOU are the ULTIMATE Provider and that if I seek first the Kingdom, I need not worry about anything else. For most things are out of my control... Oh Abba... help me hold Your hand today... help me to show others how to take Your hand as well... prevent me from getting caught up with unanswerable questions but not to refrain others from asking them. O Ruach... Breathe Your Comfort through me...

Again.... ah... again. I'm subbing at the high school all this week and last night... a well known/loved senior took his life.... I know I'm blogging and that is talking... but I don't even really feel like talking about it... There's been so much death... I guess that happens as you get older...


It just hits you when its the young ones.

Pray for the town of Quincy and the Prchal family... pray for all who are mourning... thank the LORD that they will be comforted



Psalm 77
English Standard Version (ESV)

In the Day of Trouble I Seek the Lord
To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of Asaph.


77 I cry aloud to God,

aloud to God, and he will hear me.

2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;

in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;

my soul refuses to be comforted.

3 When I remember God, I moan;

when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah


4 You hold my eyelids open;

I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

5 I consider the days of old,

the years long ago.

6 I said, “Let me remember my song in the night;

let me meditate in my heart.”

Then my spirit made a diligent search:

7 “Will the Lord spurn forever,

and never again be favorable?

8 Has his steadfast love forever ceased?

Are his promises at an end for all time?

9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?

Has he in anger shut up his compassion?” Selah


10 Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”

No comments:

Post a Comment