Sunday, August 18, 2013

Grateful.

I had a beautiful weekend with family and some crazy things happened.

First off, after around a year and a half of dating (all starting while I was in Houston) my mom and her boyfriend Paul officially got engaged! There were many different emotions and things going around it my head: the weirdness of it (after seeing my mom single for the good part of my life, then suddenly her having a boyfriend and now a fiancé), the hesitation (things are never going to be exactly the same again), the questions (is this right?), and the joy! (this is a DIRECT answer to my prayers for my mom for many years coming to life).

Not only did we get to spend the weekend with Paul and his son PJ but one of my FAVORITE people ever (not to mention, a cool aunt and uncle with 2 out-of-this-world adorable kiddos) came to town, Mikey!!!

The weekend was also full of testing, struggling to keep Shabbat set apart, struggle with sin patterns that rear their ugly head in my laxness, but none of them really could hamper the beautiful time it was.

Mikey and I even went on an EPIC bike ride and had probably one of our longest one on ones ever. Seeing the desire for growth and revelation of the love of God in Mikey was also a humblingly beautiful moment of realization that God has yet again answered a huge prayer.

God is MERCIFUL and KIND. He's coming for a PURE BRIDE. Let us make ourselves ready, live with a grateful heart, focus on what He has given, not our supposed lack and lets just bless each other!







Shalom,
Lyndsay

No comments:

Post a Comment