Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tired...

Isnt it funny how God brings us down to size?

I've been struggling alot recently... mostly with wanting things now instead of waiting for Gods timing. It seems like whenever I have one specific area I'm struggling in I seem to "do good" in most other areas, like I remember to be kind and help people and stuff like that. I then begin to see the sin of other people and think, "Wow... they really need God to help them. They are such sinners. At least I'm only dealing with this one little thing." Then... after God has helped me through the big problem... I go and screw up. I allow myself to be exposed to things that are not of God and I feel I'm too big and cool to help the poor........ Then... I come to God and am like

WOW. IM A BIG FAT HYPOCRITE. I DESERVE THE FIRES HELL AS MUCH OR MORE AS THE PEOPLE WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT

I've been learning more and more about theology this past year and a half. I've learned the different veiwpoints of all the great theologians. I've learned about Calvinism and Armenianism and the differences in what they believe. Its been interesting and thought-provoking. I've learned alot.............................................. however...


I'm a sinner


But I'm called to be a saint


I've messed up more times than I can count and I still mess up
...
But God has began to transform me. Not only my likes and dislikes but my very personality has began to take on change


All these things are absolute truths ... have I figured out the meanings of them yet?


not in the least.

Do I trust that God is bigger than all of my confussion and has a plan to work through a dirty, messed up sinner like me?






you becha'

No comments:

Post a Comment